• 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces or shrimp
• 2 Tsp turmeric
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 dried kaffir lime leaves
• 1 T. dried ginger
• 1 can button sliced mushrooms
• 2 tomatoes,cut into 8ths
• 4 Tablespoons Thai fish sauce
• 3 cups water
• 1 stalk lemon grass, cut into 2″ long pieces & pounded
• 4 Tablespoons lime juice (or more to taste)
• Fresh cilantro chopped for garnish
• 1 Tablespoon thai chili pepper, chopped
1. Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pot over high heat. Add kaffir lime leaves, galangal and lemon grass. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add button mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes more. Add chicken. Do not stir. Cook for 5 minutes or less until the chicken is cooked through – do not overcook.
Remove from heat. Season to taste with fish sauce, lime juice and chili peppers. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice