Need a delicious and healthy Breakfast or Snack Idea?
These bars are where its at!! Plus, you can’t go wrong with pumpkin….ever.
Its not quite paleo, because there are little bit of oats and protein, it’s as close to Paleo in a delicious bar as I’m gonna get today… They are moist and delicious!!
This recipe is adapted from my friend Jaquelyn Kay, who adapted it from Jamie Eason’s Cinnamon Swirl Bread.. so basically its a twice removed recipe from the star Jamie, herself 😉
All the amazing ingredients you can get from VITACOST. They have a freaking AWESOME selection of things like coconut flour and greens, etc. (watch out, my cart was full in about .5 seconds!!)
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly grease your pan with olive oil (9×9 square pan works best)
In small bowl combine: (set aside)1/3 cup Truvia and 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour (you can make almond flour by blending a cup of almonds in a Magic Bullet or food processor)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can make oat flour by blending a cup of oats in a Magic Bullet or food processor)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 c. pumpkin (you can use applesauce if you don’t like pumpkin or can’t find it)
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and protein powder.
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and whites, coconut milk, honey, and pumpkin.
Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter). Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top. Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean when you poke the center of bread.